Monday, August 31, 2009

From Public Storage to Dyson

So when you're online and you decide to reserve a space, they provide graphics to represent that particular space. At first, we felt that a 5'X15' storage unit would suffice given that some of our "big" stuff would be taken by friends, well I reserved it. So last night we find out that, hey not only is no one going to take our coffee table or TV center thing BUT NO ONE WILL BE TAKING OUR DINING TABLE AND CHAIRS!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, things changed, so after we discussed it last night, we opted to go for the next size up...you know the one that says, "For a large 1 bedroom apartment". So, today, I go to sign everything, look at the larger one and, can I just say (pardon my French)...HOLY SHIT...it's like a freakin' closet!!!! I called Seam and he said just take it (he was half asleep, I guess), so I did. I realize that it's 8-9ft high and things can stack upon each other BUT my stressed out brain cannot fathom how a king sized sleigh bed, CURVED full sofa, dining table & chairs, coffee table, computer desk, TV stand, one TV (thankfully someone took our plasma...of course boo) and ALL THE BOXES can possibly fit! So Seam has that task (with the movers), for which I am grateful. I will gladly clean this apartment to avoid the complicated puzzle that will be our storage unit. Hmm...speaking of cleaning....without further ado....I would like to re-create an introduction I made a few hours ago, it went something like this, "Hello Dyson, meet carpet"...it has been a match made in Heaven all evening. I never knew vacuuming could be so fun!

No comments: