Monday, September 21, 2009

Wichita Winter

This is something I've been thinking about a lot. Actually it's something I've been thinking about since we knew we were having to move here! Previously in North Texas' winters, I've never really needed a coat, and by coat, I mean a freakin' COAT. I've always used something like a windbreaker or a jacket, but never a coat. I'm bringing this up because we're expected to have the low temps over the next few days in the LOW 50s/UPPER 40s! No, it's not cold "cold" but it's only late September. It's not something I've ever experienced, although, I must say, I'm looking forward to real seasons here(...and that's about it).

Ok so, Wichita generally sees a high in December of 43 on average and a low of 24, and in January...it's even colder. Alright so, generally speaking, it's around 10-15 degrees cooler than what I'm used to. Can I just say...FINALLY!!! I know it's only Kansas but I am SO hoping for a blizzard warning or something of the like...I LOVE COLD WEATHER AND THE PRECIP!! I just don't want to drive in it LOL. We'll see how that goes. As for now, we will be going to Burlington Coat Factory for our coats, I know prestigious but what else is there here? I just keep thinking, dang I need more winter clothing, which means a shopping extravaganza is on it's way. Oh, did I mention how much I hate shopping? Oh well, I think I have one pair of jeans that made it here. I know, awesome planning.

I'm just looking forward to colder weather. I mean what can I say, I'm hot by nature. ;0)

4 comments:

Keelie said...

I like cooler temps too--definitely do not like driving in the sleet/snow so I hope you don't have toWhy don't you go shopping, take pictures of a few coats you like and then let up pick which one.

:)

I left you a message on my blog. You need to suck it up and go back to the craft store.

klg0816 said...

AHAHAHAHA...I saw that message and I've been sitting here thinking, I don't like challenges because I must do what I can to prove myself. As for the coats...awesome idea!

Taylor said...

I would just like to take a moment to thank you for your token of generosity. I will gladly accept your entries.
Oh ~ and I love cold too, until it actually gets cold ~ then I love summer.

kcc said...

You may not need a coat there anyway. It is dry right? Like the Texas Panhandle?

If so, the cold is totally different. You can handle a 20 degree diff no problem..

Well, you might need a coat to walk Hero, but I wouldn't think just to transition (car to hotel, car to work, etc)