Monday, October 11, 2010

Carrie Underwood

A seemingly short 6 years ago, this young lady was dazzling America on the stage of American Idol and now she's a household name. I vividly remember watching and listening as she sang Alone by Heart and Simon predicted she would not only win but become the biggest selling Idol winner of all previous Idols...what.a.prediction! Not only did he get it right, but she's gone on to sell (probably, I'm no expert) more albums than ANY Idol since that season. She's won numerous awards upon awards, and rightfully so (unlike some artists who shall remain nameless *cough*Taylor Swift*cough*). On Saturday night, we had the pleasure of seeing her in concert at the American Airlines Center. WHAT A SHOW! Now, I knew after receiving those awards as Entertainer of The Year that she would put on a good show...but THIS...well, it exceeded my expectations!

For starters, we had great seats, one section back from the stage on the floor. At one point she stood in the bed of a blue truck that floated over the audience. Seam said, "She's coming this way!" I was ecstatic, couldn't wait, she was singing Country Roads by John Denver. However, the BEST part, not only did the truck stop just above us...BUT...it then LOWERED down closer to the audience. Yep, ladies and gentlemen, Carrie Underwood was 10 feet away from ME! I couldn't be happier if I were a pig in...well, you get the idea.

On of the other highlights of the show came following her song Jesus, Take The Wheel. Now, many of you know, I'm not a religious person but that does not mean that I cannot be moved by "religious music". So, she finishes Jesus, Take The Wheel and immediately breaks out with How Great Thou Art. It gave me chills. It was, for lack of a better word, amazing.

She also sang her hit, Temporary Home. This song is so moving to me. Most especially the last verse regarding an old man in a hospital bed, surrounded by people he loves. It really hit's home with me. I can remember going to see my Pappaw at the hospital after he was given his prognosis...5-8 weeks. I'll never forget it. We were all there, surrounding his bed. Everytime I hear this song, I'm anticipating the huge emotion it creates in me in the last part. Again, she is such an amazing artist with a voice no one can touch.

Her encore was Before He Cheats, it was awesome as expected and, while this is nothing new when it comes to concerts, there was a portion of the song where she stopped singing, the music stopped being so loud and the AUDIENCE carried the song. I dunno, I guess I feel like it's something powerful when an artist is singing a song and the audience is audibly singing along, it feels so much more than it is...does that makes? Anyway, awesome show and I highly encourage anyone and everyone to go see her in concert...truly incredible.


Below are some videos we took at the show, now keep in mind we FORGOT the dang camera! So these were taken via iPhone. However, one is NOT our video (thanks xoMichelleF on YouTube), I just felt like I should include it given the moving performance....Jesus, Take The Wheel+How Great Thou Art



















No comments: