Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Game Numero Dos

Ok, I know I didn't post anything about our first game, however, it should go without saying something WAY more important than some softball game came into my life that day...my gorgeous niece Brynlee.

We had our second game last night against "The Dream Crushers"...what a bunch of douchebags! Alright maybe that's harsh but who cares, they literally think they are the best team ever. Since they're only the second best team in the league why not be a BIT more humble?!?! The pitcher makes me sick...literally. HOWEVER, their trash talk ONLY began once they realized we were better than they thought! Oh yeah, what now, WHAT NOW!?!?! Haha. We did really well I think. You see our first game we lost because the people did not want to swing the freakin' bat in the first inning. It was our first game and the first time our pitcher ever pitched. So they "run ruled" us in the first inning (5 runs) due to walks. The difference between that game and this most recent one, the team we played LOVED to hit the ball, WHICH is awesome...simply because we are great on defense! So yeah, we did great as a team in my opinion! I mean I, personally, got three outs and knocked the tying run in. HOWEVER, we would have, literally, won the game except for the stupid rules of Coed Recreational Softball in the City of Plano. Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, one of our teammates ran home TO THE WRONG HOME BASE! Everyone, altogether...OMG! Yes, he was counted as out and the person that ran home after him was forced to go back to third. It sucks but that's life. The score should have been 8-6...instead it was 6-6, something I can live with. The sad truth is, we will not be able to play this team again. Simply because, I believe, we are the newest team to the league and, therefore, are not scheduled to play the "veteran" teams twice. Yes, if you place first in your league then you must move on to the next, more competitive league. It makes sense BUT I wish we could play them just ONE more time. We are SO much better than they are!

No comments: