Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's official....

Yes the job has been offered and it has been accepted. For many of you following this blog and my Facebook, we have been wondering and waiting about this particular job for a while....literally 3 WEEKS! So finally today, we got word that it is "officially official". So now I can talk about it. I could have before but ya know, if I did, then it would be jinxed...yes I'm like that lol.

Almost 3 weeks ago Seam attended a management job fair for a company called ALDI. Many of you may have heard of this company in recent days on the news. It's a grocery store chain coming to the North Texas area. They actually have almost 1000 stores in the US already (it's a European company), all of which are in the Eastern US. While we've heard GREAT things about the company from employees regarding pay and benefits, we've only heard, well not necessarily negative but not great, things from customers. So, essentially it's a toss up and a big risk but an amazing opportunity. From what I've read, this store is essentially the equivalent to an IKEA of grocery stores. They have mostly private label products but they're all made from the major manufacturers, i.e. you can buy cheese there called Craft but it's made by Kraft...that sort of thing, not exact but you get the idea. So, after every interview he felt it was a bust but they kept calling him back, this past Monday he attended his 4th interview and was offered the job but it was conditional on a background check and drug test. Well I knew those would pass, so it was only a matter of time. The DETAILS, however, are still not quite there. I mean, we know what the pay is for training, we know they pay $400 additional for incidentals per month in training and we know they will pay for rent while in training. What we DO NOT know is WHERE the training is...since there is no store in TX yet, it will not be here but they claim it will be close to Texas. Ok, that's where the concern comes into play. I only say this because I refuse to live in Oklahoma or Kansas...ANYWHERE else and I'm ok. We don't even know if they will pay for moving expenses or current lease obligations...we just don't know. All I know is that I may be needing to find a new job in a different city soon, or if it's CLOSE (aka OK) then I'll have to get used to living alone for the time being. I mean, I honestly see no point in moving to somewhere 3 hours away and possibly losing my job because of it...right? So for now, those are the details...I just wish I knew more.....

No comments: