Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Almighty Cell Phone...

So I've now gone 24 hours without a cell phone. I know some people have gone much longer but it's so strange for me. What did we do BEFORE cell phones? Oh yeah, I was a kid and didn't need one, that's right. So now that I've been without one, I realize I never hope to be without it again. As a matter of fact, I've CONTINUED to carry around my old cell phone even though it doesn't work...it's a habit, so sue me. We changed our service provider and ported (?) our old numbers to the new cell phones. The problem is, these new cell phones were purchased in Wichita, KS. So I'm currently waiting on FedEx to deliver mine, which will not be received until sometime tomorrow! I've never been one to care what features my cell phone has, all I really care about is: #1) It works #2) I can send/receive texts and #3) well it works! So now we've made the change to a smart phone, my iPhone will be arriving tomorrow and it will take me WEEKS to get used to it. Everyone tells me that once you switch over, you won't go back...we'll see. How did cell phones become such an integral part of our lives?!?!?!

No comments: