Sunday, July 26, 2009

What is old?

I recently watched a movie that I remembered seeing as a kid. I mean I have no fond memories of this particular flick, just remember watching it a long time ago. Every aspect of the movie...the clothes, the music, the actors...nothing seemed odd or old about them. Suddenly I realized the cars being driven in some of the scenes. Then I realized, oh yeah, this movie is older than I'm thinking. So I hit the "info" button on the remote...it was filmed in 1990. 1990! I know it's obvious but I never truly thought about 19-freakin'-90 being almost TWENTY YEARS AGO! So as time passes...the movies, the music, the ideas, the innocence of everything back then just become "dusty". So what is old? I mean if these things never seem "old" to me, then what is old? I guess it's something I've begun thinking about since I'm turning 30 soon and while 30 is certainly NOT old, its strange that the older you become, the older older gets.

Ya know...sometimes, you just have to wipe off the dust and suddenly everything becomes new again.

1 comment:

Keelie said...

Yeah and every year seems to go by faster as you get older. Because when you were 10, 1 year of life was 1/10 of your life and now one year is 1/30 of your life. Wow...that's about as deep as I get