Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Choices

As many of you know, I decided to go back to school last year and I'm currently completing my second semester. The bad thing about this is, I went into it not really knowing what I want to do. I've always had that question for myself, even while completing the degree I currently hold...what do I really want to do? I cannot say I've come to any real conclusion, it's as though there are numerous things I wanted to do, all of which require lots of school. So, I felt then, and feel now, almost defeated. However, one thing I've always viewed as a "dream job" is travel writing. Will I ever be able to access such a career? Perhaps not. That being said, I have decided to enter into the field of journalism. If there is one thing I've almost always felt confident in, it's writing. Now, some of you will probably start judging my blog posts...please don't, most of it is a combination of abstract thought, bitching and a touch of sentimentality. Yeah, I know...brilliance. I'm kidding, really I am. So, yeah...journalism. Now, according to UNT guidelines, I must take the GSP test before even being able to enroll in the ONE class that's required for journalism students...News Writing! Seriously, don't they know I won first place in UIL News Writing back when I was a sophomore in high school?!?!?! I'm kidding...kinda lol. So I have to take this "Grammar-Spelling-Punctuation" test and I'm hoping to take it this summer, if not before. I'm not saying I'm the best at this stuff, but I know it irritates the heck out of me when I see people using Grammar-Spelling-Punctuation incorrectly...who knows, could be a good thing right? Ehh, we'll see. Basically I enjoy writing, always have. I even started writing a book when I was 13, it was about a group of seniors that get lost in the rain forest on their senior trip. Yeah, it sounds like a massive B-movie, but I digress. I even have a story I wrote in the 6th grade that I'm still proud of, so maybe that says something? Heh, yeah I don't know either. Who knows what the future holds but, I do know, it's full of choices.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I wish I could go back to school but it is not an option for me. Good for you to actually do it instead of just telling everyone that you want to like I do!