Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Sizable Sum of Cash


About a week ago, I finally gave in. Yes, Seam has had his sights set on going to the South Pacific for some time now. Will this actually come to fruition....mmm, probably not. However, I was the missing link. I refused to even consider such a place because, well, it's INSANELY expensive. Not to mention the LAST thing I want to do on vacation is spend almost an entire day in an airplane (literally, roundtrip flight=about 20 hours NOT including connections) for only 4 days in, what seems to be, paradise. Ok, scratch that last part... I mean the term "paradise", it completely kills my complaint regarding flight time. So anyway, I finally said, ok, we'll go and I'll contribute about $1000 to the trip. The SAD thing is, a grand is like a drop in the bucket when it comes to this caliber of vacation's cost. In a way, I'm regretting making the decision to give a green light. As many of you know, I'm not a "beachy, heat seeking, sun bathing, snorkeling"-type person. The sheer beauty of the place is what draws me in and, that alone, is enough. However, there are NUMEROUS other places I'd rather pay for, including, but not limited to: WALT DISNEY WORLD, Alaska, the UK, Germany, Italy, Greece, an African Safari, Japan, heck even Thailand (yum...Pad Thai lol). I guess I shouldn't complain, if he's wanting to pay (the majority anyway) for a trip to Bora Bora or Tahiti, then I should be grateful. I just can't help but wonder, what else could I see with that sizable sum of cash?


As an aside, should this trip not work out, I have numerous other ideas in mind. Most notably, taking my niece and sister to Disney, a 10 day road trip through California, ALASKA! and, of course, Italy. We'll see what happens. I mean, we may not be able to go anywhere!

No comments: