Saturday, May 2, 2009

Big Sister


I've never had one so I can't speak from experience but my niece, Emma, is the epitome of what a big sister should be. Of course, her sister hasn't even been born yet, I just know this because, well, she's such an amazing little girl. Ornery at times and according to her mother and Nana (not her uncle), a handful, but sweet, extremely intelligent, mature and caring. She's 3 by the way. Although she's a beautiful little girl, I figured that doesn't necessarily make a big sister 'good' which is why I didn't mention it above, however when speaking of Emma, it must be said...she's beautiful.


Ok, so today I attended my sister's shower and Emma got some gifts as well, afterall she is expecting too right? (Of course her favorite was her Barbie fishing pole, which her wonderful uncle bought for her. I must say I was a little confused about why she wanted a fishing pole but it was a hit.) She got a matching diaper bag to the one her mother also received. At that moment it just struck me how great she will be when the baby is here. I mean, I already knew that such a brilliant, caring little girl could be nothing less. So it goes without saying...Brynlee is one lucky little lady, Emma will always be on her side.


June 2nd...she will be here very SOON!!!
**By the way, the picture at the top was taken last summer, so needless to say Emma looks older...it's just one (of the many) of my favorite pics.


1 comment:

Kendra Gravley said...

It just so happens that I agree with EVERYTHING you said!! Especially the handful part!