Sunday, May 10, 2009

Following A Recipe...

For those of you who don't know, I'll share with you that I LOVE TO COOK! Well, it's definitely not a passion, so maybe I don't love it *that* much but I certainly enjoy it. I'm always looking for a new, delicious recipe. I just happened to be looking at a few on the Food Network site when I came across one that sounded interesting. I always read the reviews of these recipes to see what others, who've made it, have to say. Well I read this one review and almost fell over. How hard is it to follow a recipe????

First and foremost, this recipe calls for 1 TEASPOON of seasoning. It also gives you the "recipe" for making the seasoning, which yields 2/3 cup. Well the GENIUS that posted says this, and I quote....

"The creole seasoning yielded 2/3 of a cup and I only added 1/2 cup to the recipe and it was still inedible. It was way overseasoned and salty even as a dip instead of a meal."

--Kristine, Long Beach, CA


OF COURSE IT WAS INEDIBLE!!!!!!!!!


Dear Kristine from Long Beach, CA,

My simple advice is as follows:

1. Step away from the kitchen, it is never to be entered again unless you're using a microwave.
2. When using a microwave to cook, only purchase microwaveable meals. They must be removed from the box prior to cooking.
3. Enroll yourself into 2nd grade...pay close attention to the "Learning to follow directions" lesson.
4. Sorry for seemingly harsh advice however any normal human being would not add 1/2 cup of SALT to anything. Well except the ocean.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Sounds like something I would do. I can't cook and I hate to, so I'm ok with the fact that everything I make comes from packaging of some sort. That's funny though.

klg0816 said...

No, you would make it correctly, I know you would. That's just ridiculous what that girl did lol.

Keelie said...

OMG! I am dying. That is scary, actually.