Monday, May 18, 2009

Who are these stars?

So I have to admit that I've been watching Dancing With The Stars, please limit the laughter and snickering to a minimum. Yes it's a silly show and I've never watched it before BUT, for some reason, I have this year. Ok, so is it me or is there something amiss with this competition? There are people fawning over this one competitor, who also happens to be in the final, yet he has NOTHING to show...er, well, I guess that's based on interpretation. You see this man, Gilles Marini, is famous in the United States for one thing...revealing his, um "assets" or uh "jewels" on the Sex & The City movie. Yep, that's it ladies and gentlemen...THAT'S IT! Ok so his dancing is great, who cares, my point is, why does THAT make him a star? I'm personally rooting for Shawn Johnson, I mean she's not a "star" so-to-speak either BUT she did win a gold medal in gymnastics for the USA. So, yeah, another rant I guess but this just makes no sense. In the finals of this show we have a man famous for a SHORT nude scene (no pun intended), a women jilted by The Bachelor and an Olympic Gold Medalist. Of course, the gold medalist should win...c'mon people vote! I mean I won't be voting but she's gotta win somehow right?

No comments: