Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Game #1

I arrived at the fields almost an hour early. I figured it would be beneficial to at least see a game before playing one, I mean with all the silly rules and everything. It was interesting, seems like a regular game except those pesky rules, but they didn't get in the way. I would be lying if I didn't mention how incredibly nervous I was. As a team, we seemed so unorganized until I saw the team we were playing. They were passing out their shirts just before the game began. As for the shirts, I must say...we did good! The other teams all had the same colors with only numbers on the back...we actually looked like a team! Well to me anyway. Our final team member arrives just 5 minutes before the game, very little time to warm up. We are up to bat first (away team), first batter up...hits the ball...OUT. Second batter up....hit to second base and thrown out at first. Third batter up....STRIKE! Then, the game got called. Yes one of those little things we call a Spring thunderstorm moved into the area and the lightning show began. So we didn't get to play but that's ok. I say this because we #1 need to be more organized and #2 it actually made us all feel like a team! All in all, it was a good experience despite what happened lol. So, although practice was canceled today (due to stupid excuses from several team members) we will get our act together.

All that being said, I'm not sure I'll make it to our next game. You see a little girl will be brought into this world and our family on June 2nd, it's a given she takes precedence over softball. So, should I be up to the challenge of a game AFTER waking up at 4am and spending the day at the hospital, then I'll report back on how well we do. I must say, however, besides seeing Brynlee that morning, I'm more excited about seeing Emma's face when she realizes she truly has a little baby sister than some softball game.

3 comments:

Keelie said...

It's a pretty awesome moment. I have pictures of Jonah pointing at Glory through the glass window of the nursery and smiling. It is one of my favorites!

You sound like the greatest uncle...

klg0816 said...

I remember holding my cousin when he saw his little brother for the first time, he said, "That's my brother." I almost lost it then at, maybe 12 (I dunno), but this is completely different. So I am almost positive I will cry the morning of June 2nd. I'm in charge of pictures when Emma sees her sister for the first time, I just hope I can get them. lol

Kendra said...

I need you to have your camera or mom and dads cause Fran will have mine!! Then you can send me the pictures to my email or save them to a disk...